The Faculty of Applied Science and Technology (FAST) trains students in science, technology and other related fields with the objective of turning out professionals both for industry and academia. This is to be achieved in a conducive environment to promote teaching, research and learning among staff and students and developing tailor-made programmes for study geared toward imparting the requisite scientific and technological know-how for national development.
The Faculty has five (5) departments that run Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor of Science, Higher National Diploma (HND and Certificate programmes in regular and weekend sessions.
To become a world-class Centre of innovation in Applied Science and Technology through the provision of Scientific and Technological solutions.
To provide a conducive environment to promote teaching, research and learning among staff and students by developing tailor-made programmes of study geared towards imparting the requisite scientific and technological skills for national development.
The Faculty is made up of the Office of the Dean, five (5) Departments, the Faculty Examination Unit, the Faculty Research/Industrial Office and the Faculty Administrative Office and Accounts Office.
Departments and Academic Programmes
Department of Applied Mathematics
- BTech Applied Statistics (Weekend only)
- BTech Health Statistics (Weekend only)
- HND Statistics (Morning only)
Department of Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science (Weekend only)
- BSc Information Technology (Weekend only)
- Bsc Business Information Systems (Weekend only)
- HND Computer Science (Morning and Weekend)
- HND Computer Network Management (Morning and Weekend)
Department of Fashion Design & Textiles
- HND Fashion Design & Textiles (in collaboration with Cape Coast Technical University) (Morning and Weekend)
- Advance Fashion Design & Textiles (Morning only)
- Fashion Design & Textiles Certificate II (Morning only)
- HND Graphic Design (Morning only)
Department of Food/Postharvest Technology
- HND Food Technology (Morning only)
- HND Postharvest Technology (Morning only)
- BTech Food Technology (Morning and Weekend)
Department of Hospitality Management
- BTech Hospitality and Tourism Management (Weekend only)
- HND Hospitality Management (Morning and Weekend)
- Cookery Certificate II (Morning only)
- Certificate in Food & Beverage Service (Morning only)
Staffing and Students
- The Faculty has a current staff population of sixty-five (65) covering both non –teaching and teaching staff.
- The Faculty has one staff on Post-Retirement Contract Appointment
- The total number of students in the Faculty for the 2020/2021 academic year is two thousand three hundred and fifty-five (2,355).
The Faculty has collaborations with the following institutions:
- McGill University, Canada
- Ghana Statistical Service
- Capital View Hotel
- Bedtime Hotel
- Akosombo Volta Hotel
- Koforidua Guest Hotel
- KOK Garment – Koforidua
- NNB Milimart Enterprise – Koforidua
- MAAGRACE Garment Industry Limited – Koforidua
- PAAWILLS Printing Press – Koforidua
- White Angels Printing Press – Koforidua
- Valley View University – Oyibi
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research – Food Research Institute
- Koforidua Regional Hospital
- Grains and Legumes Development Board
- Amity University in India